I finished my first hexie project- a zip pouch to put my hexies in. Amazing how one thing leads to another :)
I have tried zip pouches in the past, but not with very much luck. This one came out cute, but I think there is still room for improvement. I wish the zipper was straight across the top and the corners up there didn't turn in, especially since that happened after I followed a tutorial I found on Pinterest telling me how to avoid it. #pinterestfail
On the bottom of the bag I use a contrasting fabric- kind of on purpose and kind of not. I wasn't thinking about needing extra fabric to box the bottom so I had not cut the right size pieces of the green (and had already sewn on the hexies, so I needed to use that piece). So I grabbed the gray polka dot fabric and planned on having some of it show on the sides, but after I boxes the bottom it exactly covered the bottom. Couldn't do that again if I tried, and I think it ended up being even cuter that way.
And in another great cause-and-effect example, I made a matching needlebook to put in the hexie pouch.
So the way it went- hexies -> zip pouch -> needlebook. Story of my life! Same thing happens when I do chores or run errands, and people wonder what I do during the day. One simple task always leads to 7 more!