Saturday, March 2, 2013

Everybody Rock n Roll

My fiance's company has their annual meeting next week and one of the events in a costume party.  This years theme is Rock n' Roll - clearly I needed to run out to Joanns and buy yards of felt and such to make myself a poodle skirt.  Should be an interesting sewing endeavor too... since I didn't actually buy the pattern and am going to attempt to do it all by myself. 

Back in 2004 there was a lip syncing competition at my college that the social Greeks and a few (ok, just us- AKPsi) other organizations participated in and the theme was Greese, so my friends and I made poodle skirts with our business fraternity's letters (yes, business fraternity, we were nerds) and danced to Summer Lovin', Your Momma Don't Dance, Hand Jive... Lots of fun and we beat out all the social Greeks and won the competition!  And since a post is not a post without a picture I leave you with this flashback.  I am the one on the left in the purple skirt (that was too big and swallowing me).

No comments:

Post a Comment