Monday, February 4, 2013

Knitting

Crafting ADD: a disorder whereby the infected cannot simply find one favorite craft and stick to it, but must instead jump around from craft to craft and project to project.


Proof that I have this disorder- you have seen the quilting posts, here is the current knitting project.  I should mention that I am by no means an expert knitter.  I am a beginner, so much so that I only know how to knit.  I have never tried to purl.  I'll get there, but I want to take my time and enjoy this.  This project will (eventually) be a cowl.  The knitting needles I am using are from my grandmother and have been in our family for generations.  I love that my grandmother is teaching me a new skill and that I am learning it on the same needles that the women in my family have used for over 100 years (literally!).

Who taught you how to knit/sew/quilt/craft?

No comments:

Post a Comment