With less than 24 hours to spare, I finished up the tote for the Kindergarten teacher I work with. It turned our really cute, but also really big! It is a modified version of the Sewing Circle Tote from Oh Fransson!
See, big bag!
(and why are the photos from my real camera not as good as my iPhone pics??)
As I had planned, I had each of the kids put their thumbprints on the gray background fabric and then I turned them into the feet for a sheep with the child's name on it.
Inside the bag I used a fabric I made on Spoonflower. I had each of the kids write their name with a black marker on a white piece of paper and then I took a photo, edited it, and then uploaded it to the site. I worried when got my order confirmation it would not arrive in time and I emailed them right away to see if they could upgrade my shipping- instead they found my order and had it sent out the next day. It arrived two days later. Awesome customer service!
The print did end up getting pretty chopped up, but I think I have each child's name somewhere in their- though some are hidden in the pockets. The pockets were supposed to be the same print, but it is possible I ordered the fabric before I ordered the pattern...and therefore ordered 1/2 yard less than I needed. Here's hoping that the kids don't get too upset about that tomorrow. And here is hoping the teacher likes it :)