Saturday, June 29, 2013

Craftiness Runs in the Family


Look, my daddy is crafty too- he made this table!
 
 
My parents added a patio onto their house last fall and my mom has been looking for a big table  to put out there.  She hadn't found anything she really liked so my dad took matters into his own hands and made one.  He has been woodworking off and on for as long as I can remember- we even have a photo of me at 2 or 3 years old sitting on his work bench surrounded by pieces of a rocking horse that he (or rather, Santa) was building for me.   
 

I know it is a little hard to see with the shadows, but there is a border around the table, a vertical piece down the center, and then horizontal slats on either side.
 
So to sum up my crafty genes-
Dad= woodworking
Mom= sewing
Grandmother= sewing, knitting, crochet, watercolor painting
Aunt= knitting, crochet
Cousin= quilting (she is the one who put the quilting bug in my head!)
 
I think I was destined to be crafty!

No comments:

Post a Comment