Thursday, June 27, 2013

Cat Carrier Surgery

My cats went on a little vacation to visit my grandparents last week, they really like it there, so much so that my youngest cat tried to escape his carrier when I was getting ready to bring him home!  I had scooped him up and put him in his carrier, but I wasn't ready to leave yet and went into the room next door.  I could hear his fidgeting in his carrier, but when I went back in I saw what he had done- ripped two good sized holes in it!  In true diy fashion, before going out and buying a new one I decided to try and fix this one.


I decided to use some netting I found at Joanns and WonderUnder to attach it.  I didn't want to attempt trying to get this under my sewing machine.  Getting it on the ironing board wasn't that much easier though- thank goodness I haven't put away all the moving boxes yet- this one was very handy for hold the carrier up so it could reach the ironing board.


And here is the outside of my patch.  See the nice rips that kitty made!  I made sure that the patch was well attached on the inside, otherwise kitty would just pull it off I'm sure. 

What is the most unusual thing you have ever sewn/fixed?

No comments:

Post a Comment