Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Learning Curve

Remember that new hoop I bought for my embroidery machine?  Well I finally got around to testing it out the other day, and I learned a thing or two (or three) in the process.

 
#1. Just because a hoop has three connection points that does not mean it is equal to three of your machines regular hoops.

 
#2. When making an embroidery design, it is important to remember the size of the hoop (the real size, not the size you think it is - see #1). 

 
#3. When trying to center text, the width of the letters matters more than the number of letters.
 
Glad this was just a cheap tee from Walmart and that I was just playing.  I'm trying to figure out if I should put something (palm tree? nautical coordinates?) on the left to try and balance it, but I don't know if it will help or if it will still look off center.  Hello new bum around the house tee.

No comments:

Post a Comment