Oops! Didnt' mean to take a blog-y break! I have a big project stealing all my time, but I can't share just quite yet ;)
I did get some of my crafting mojo back today though. The change of seasons always means a change of front door decor, and big project or not I couldn't let Fall arrive with a Summer wreath on my door!
I went onto Pinterest and found this wreath which became my inspiration- http://pinterest.com/pin/207024914093883744/. I love this wreath, but when I got to Joanns and was looking at the flowers the green and cream suddenly seemed to say Spring instead of Fall, so I changed it up a bit.
I started off with a wreath form from Walmart, and wrapped it with some burlap from Joanns. Just a little hot glue on the backside of the wreath to (hopefully) make the burlap stick. Those grapevine wreaths are tricky- so many holes between the twigs make attaching things hard. Oh, and I trimmed all the little bits off the wreath. What can I say, I like my natural twig wreaths to look nice and uniform :)
Next up was to trim the hydrangea blossoms off the long stalks so I could attach them to the wreath. I just put a bunch of hot glue on the stem and shoved it down into the wreath. So far it seems to be holding/working.
Ta-da! The finished (I think) wreath! Of course, it is too heavy and pulls the hook off my door, so I can't put it up until I buy a real wreath hook tomorrow (I have been getting away with using a command hook with magnets glued to the back for the last year). I say I "think" I'm finished because I am very tempted to add our last name initial to personalize the wreath a bit. On the one hand I like the flowers just on one side... but on the other I like things symmetrical (and the hubby definitely likes symmetry). I think the letter on the other side would balance it out a bit.