Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Oh My Lucky Stars!

I'm sorry if you are tired of pictures of this quilt by now! But today is the day to link them up over at QuiltStory, so I wanted to post it one more time all by itself (instead of hidden in with other finishes).  I also dragged it all around the house looking for a good/better photo spot.  Hope these photos are a little more interesting than just having the quilt up on the design wall :)
 

This little quilt top is still up on my design wall, but that is working for me.  While staring off into space yesterday (and avoiding the last border to a small project- I seriously procrastinate adding borders, even tiny ones) I figured out how to quilt this.  Woohoo!  I had been planning an all over pattern, but then I was torn on thread color because I like it to match, but now I am thinking of mixing it up.  Maybe quilting loops in the navy part, following the seams in the patch blocks, diamonds in the star blocks, not totally sure about the square block yet.  No idea if this is how it will work out or not.  This is supposed to be a baby gift, so that might be too much quilting for it.  We'll see. 


I had so much fun with my first quilt-a-long!  When is the next one??

Here are the past posts on this quilt can be found here- http://flipflopsandquiltblocks.blogspot.com/search/label/lucky%20stars%20qal

8 comments:

  1. I love your Lucky Stars! Great fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I feel a bit like a University of Florida fan with the blue/orange color scheme - appropriate in this part of FL though!

      Delete
  2. So so so cute!! Love the navy and orange, will be a great baby gift. Can't wait to see it quilted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope the quilting comes out as well as I see it in my head :)

      Delete