This is from a Simplicity pattern (1614) and I made version D.
The navy piping on the front is 1/2 single fold bias tape, not sure I would use it again- boy that is narrow! It looks good on the tank, but it was a pain to sew on. Of course, I didn't sew it on the "right" way and instead chose to sandwich the fabric between the bias tape and sew/top stitch all at once, so that could have something to do with it being a pain to sew. I was trying to catch fabric in the tape but I couldn't see the fabric because it was in the tape- so on the front neckline I did have some spots that didn't get caught and I had to undo it and sew it again. I did get the entire back caught on the first try though.
I don't really know why they had me do the bias the way they did on the back, it is behind the straps which seems weird. Then again, I'm not sure how else you would attach the straps to the bottom piece without the stitching showing if you did the straps after the bias tape.
The shoulder seams are definitely not done the way the pattern said. I could not for the life of me figure out what they wanted me to do and my front straps were wider than my back neck piece anyway, so I kind of fudged it. It works, but that part does look ever-so-slightly homemade (and not in a good way), but I think I am the only one who notices.
I'm pretty excited to have made my first piece of real clothing (as opposed to the poodle skirt I made for a costume party a few months back). This is something I will actually wear again!
Linking up to Finish It Up Friday over at CrazyMomQuilts.