Sunday, December 15, 2013

Cheater Christmas Pillow

I found the cutest Christmas print at Joanns a few weeks back and thought I could use it to knock out a quick pillow for the holidays.

 
I figured I could knock out a pillow quick if I just traced over the prints as a quilting guide- famous last words, right ;)
 
 
Turns out switching colors all the time and lots of tracing can also equal lots of time.
 
 
 
The end result was definitely worth it.  It may be hard to see in the photo, but tracing over the snowman's features really gave him some nice depth.
 
 
 
As I was going along with the other squares, I got bored with tracing and started free handing.  First up was a Christmas Tree.
 
 
Second up was some holly leaves.  Both of these designs were found in the book Doodle Quilting. 
 
 
I still have lots of work to do on the "quick" pillow, but with Christmas fast approaching and a sudden gift to make, I think this will have to be put off until next year (or until the Summer when I start itching for Christmas to come around again :)
 
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment